Tuesday, July 25, 2017

C for Collection

Entry for WORDLESS WEDNESDAY and ABC WEDNESDAY

I have been enjoying photography as a hobby for 8 or 9 years now. In those years, I have chosen to focus mainly on Food and Street Photography. Last year, around October, someone introduced me to another genre of the hobby - Toy Photography. 

I first dabbled in it using teddy bears, which I did find cute that time. As I enjoyed it further, I was compelled to buy new toys from different lines. My hubby gave me my first charming set of Pinypon Toys from Famosa which focused heavily on fairy tale characters and other more everyday figures. Then, I got into buying almost anything that caught my fancy. Now, my eyes are set on buying Funko Pop Vinyl Figures (of which I currently own 5 characters from different lines - 3 from Batman the Animated Series, 1 Snoopy and Woodstock, and a friend of mine gave me Stitch from Disney). I am planning to buy Lilo and afterwards, Scooby and Shaggy. Ah, my toy collection is growing and I don't see an end to it in the near future. 

Brightest Blessings!

 Halie

6 comments:

  1. Photography can rase new hobby's... in the future... you are on your way to buy a bigger house perhaps ;-)

    Have a ♥-filled ABC-day / -week
    ♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫
    abc-w-team
    http://melodymusic.nl/21-c/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a cool word for C.
    I never thought of it.
    Great pic too. Happy ABCW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's starting to look like a bigger collection.
    Daphne, ABCW team
    http://www.dcdjfotografie.nl/2017/07/25/21-crane/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to collect teddy bears and when I went to donate them so others could enjoy them, I found out that they are considered "unclean" as they can't be washed. As a result, no one but me is able to appreciate them. They are all collector pieces and have never been played with "as toys" by anyone. Unfortunately, though, they tend to be dust collectors so they're now inside a big trunk I have.

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad you live too far away to come over and take photos of my dolls. They're toys too. I collect the dolls I grew up playing with and take photos, but my photography skills are very limited. I point and shoot, but I still have fun. You're going to need a large toy box to hold all your toys. Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...