Monday, June 19, 2017

Toy Photography in Black and White


I've been introduced to the world of toy photography October of last year when I stumbled upon the Facebook page of the Philippine Toy Photography Club (PTPC)

Since then, I started to collect toys of different shapes, sizes, and from different manufacturers as well. I even opened a second Instagram page called Toyscapes by Halie to showcase my toy photos. Why did I decide to dip my finger into this genre? In all honesty, the first reason that I had that time was I didn't have enough time to go out of the house to pursue my first love - street photography. But, as time passed, I realized that taking photos of toys is a whole different learning curb. It allowed me to tell a story using a single toy just by using my imagination, along with whatever I have that is available. 

For the shot above, I took it inside the house in the height of the afternoon. To get the desired spotlight effect, I made sure to place the toy at an area where only a sliver of light was present. I dialed up my exposure compensation to make sure that the surroundings would become darker. I then experimented with different angles of the toy until I got one which was satisfactory to me. In post processing, I still dialed the levels of the photo to make it a bit darker, then sharpened it. And there you have it, The Joker under the Spotlight.

Brightest Blessings!

Photobucket



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...