Monday, April 10, 2017

Haiku Samples

I have never had any formal training in writing poetry. However, I have always been interested in this form of writing and I have written dozens upon dozens since I started when I was in the fifth grade. As I got older, I also got to read more forms and now I am dipping my fingers into the pool of Haiku poetry. Here are some that I have written last April 5th.


Rooftops, gentle rain
Safe within mother's embrace
Newborn babe sleeps deep




-----------------------------------

Still, deep blue waters
Consciousness seeps, eyes open
Warrior woman wakes



-----------------------------------

Scorching dark evening
Angel's wings take final flight
Farewell friends she bade


-----------------------------------

Breeze touch blades of grass
Outside children laugh and play
Vacation is here



Brightest Blessings!

Halie


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...