Tuesday, February 7, 2017

No to Body Shaming

I have been hiding behind all the flab for who knows how long. Today, I would like to post this to say enough is enough.

For those who can see and read this, you can roast me all you like; make fun of me to your hearts' content. I don't care. 

Today, I say no to body shaming. I am doing my best not to slim down and get that perfect socially acceptable body. I am doing my best not for society to accept me, but to take care of my health; be accountable and lessen the risks that being overweight brings.

I have one very long nasty scar. I used to be ashamed of it. But to that, I say no more today. I realize that the scar left by my right salpingo-oophorectomy is a reminder that I've been through hell and back. I've conquered a health risk and now I am here to say that I was probably given another chance to life because I have something meaningful to do. That scar is my personal "battle wound" something that no one has the right to shame me for. I take the power from those who want to make me feel bad about the reminders of that ordeal. I claim the victory. And no one, NOT.ONE.SINGLE.PERSON can tell me that I should hide it and be ashamed of it because it is not aesthetically pleasing. All I have to say, to those, if it hadn't been for the doctors who treated me, the surgery that left that scar, I wouldn't be here writing all these thoughts down. I wouldn't be here living my life.

To those who feel like you need to change your body so that you can be pleasing to the eyes of those around you, I say, wake up. YOU.ARE.UNIQUELY.BEAUTIFUL. No one can make you feel bad about yourself if you don't let them do it. 

Be strong! Stand up! Love yourself. Accept your body. But, don't be afraid to make yourself better for your own good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...