Thursday, August 11, 2016

Avocado 22 RDTA Review

I have been looking for an RDTA for quite sometime now. I have to admit that dripping when you're out with your friends having a good time can be quite annoying. So, here I was looking for one when I chanced on an Avocado 22 at Vape King in SM Megamall. 

It was the last one on stock! So before I went to church, I told the shop keeper that I would come back and purchase it after I go to mass. Seeing probably that I was serious as heart attack, he immediately put it in another case and took it out of the display shelf. Long story short, I went back and bought it.

The Kit Comes with:

  • The atomizer
  • 1 extra glass tank 3mL capacity
  • Ceramic stopper
  • Extra screws
  • A Hex Key
  • Extra O Rings
  • 1 Wide Bore tip
  • 1 510 type tip
I originally planned to pair it with my VW iStick Pico mod. After several uses though, I noticed that I go through a bottle of e-juice faster than I can say, "What the hell?!?"


The Pros:

  • It's easy to build
  • The deck has a good juice well that directs extra liquid towards the wick holes thus saturating the cotton thoroughly.
  • The wick holes are big enough that it's so easy to put the cotton in it to go down to the tank area.
  • The juice tastes better. This is probably because of the ceramic stopper that comes with its air holes making the chamber smaller thus concentrating the flavors better. 
  • You can choose to either use the tank as reservoir. Meaning you build it like how you would a regular dripping atomizer and just tilting the tank every now and then to saturate the cotton.
The Cons:

  • Personally, the juice tastes better that it makes me chain vape a lot. 
  • Paired with my Pico, I noticed there were times that the mod would not recognize the atomizer. I had to tighten the screws (and I mean all of them) in order for it to be recognized again.
  • Quite complicated to take apart. It comes in apart in about 6 parts. The deck, the base, the glass, the top cap, the drip tip, and the cap with the air holes. If you include the ceramic baffle/stopper, that would make it 7. So, it might take a while for you to take it apart and clean it so that you can use a different flavored juice in the tank. You also need to be careful with it because the screws are quite small. You need to make sure that you build it on a plain white cloth to see everything. 
Overall Impression:

While it does take some getting used to, especially for those who are avid users of the much simpler dripping atomizers, getting an Avocado for a back-up RDTA is well worth it. I've been using it now for about a week and I have yet to experience any leaks from it. 

If you have anything else to share or add, or even a question to ask me, please shoot me an email! I'll try to respond in the soonest possible time.

Brightest Blessings!

Photobucket



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...