I've heard this statement/question from the movie X-Men first class:
"You want society to accept you, but you can't accept yourself." (Magneto to Mystique)
When I heard this, the question I asked myself was this:
"Why am I doing all these [working out, dieting, etc]? Is it so that society can accept me, or is it because I want to do something good for and to myself?"
The truth: I'm doing this for myself and no one else. Who cares if I don't get the nod of those around me? Who cares if they don't notice the efforts? Who cares if for everyone all is still the same?
I am responsible for my well being. I have accepted who I am. This acceptance of myself is what I want to share on this blog.
No, I don't accept the fact that I am fat and that's it. Here's what I mean:
- I accept that I am fat/overweight.
- I accept the fact that I CAN do something about it.
- I accept the fact that I am responsible for my own well being.
- I accept the fact that society does not, will not and should not dictate my self esteem and self acceptance.
- I accept the responsibilities of my life.
I don't live in the shadows anymore. I am not living in shame and fear anymore. I am not going to hide behind every other excuse there is available. I am NOT the same person. I changed for myself so that others may benefit from the change.