Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Lament

elements of air, fire, water and earth
saw me embraced by the quiet arms of death
i ask of you not to mourn
for i am going to be reborn

now you stand witnesses of my rebirth
into darkness, sorrow and mirth
once i loved the brightness of light
as i rose from the ashes i shunned the bright

left alone in the quiet of the night
allow me to experience your might
rid me from conscience and guilt
give me the sword of sorrow filled to the hilt

misery from the stench and putrid kiss
to give to someone who will not be missed
to shoot hatred from arrow and bow
these are things that i now bestow

splendid purity of former wings
and songs of love which i then sing
forever gone replaced by wings of coal
songs of destruction will come from my soul

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...